Kelčany - community with troubled lives


From the chapel. John in Vlkoš where Kyjovská wine trail begins, is to kelčanským cellars barely three kilometers. The village, which is located in the cellars of winemakers farming at the foot of the pastures, established by the 12th century castle standing on the hill of Babylon. Nearly extinct and devastated village manor was bought in 166 Kyjov royal city. The sales agreement is mentioned fields and 123 hectares planted with vines kutcha track, tapes and mountains mentioned above the pastures. The emergence of lignite mines (St. Barbara in the year 1859) and was building a sugar farming and winemaking sole livelihood of settlers who came to Kelčany mainly from nearby Vřesovice. The emergence of new wine routes - Short, Thursdays, Mountain in the 18th over Újezd and 19 century was also the first period of building basements and either in the way of Kyjov Žádovice. The vineyards on both sides of colonies predominate white varieties Riesling and Riesling, Grüner Veltliner, Traminer and Neuburger, the red varieties are grown Svatovařinecké, Lemberger and Portugal.
 

The cellar alley

 

Under the protection of Saint Gotthard

Alley became cellars beneath the rows of vineyards, planted in the most valuable kelčanské track. When collectivization in the 50th the last century, vineyards were torn up and south, fertile slope was devalued by building terraces. Colony kelčanských bud, whose facade is in the plane formed by the former white-pasture in the distance, divides into two sandstone cross of 1939. Twenty-cellars in the left area of ​​the original snail buck on a slope with a short neck and a space for storing wine. The oldest cellars come from the 18th century, brick or stone vault and forehead are portrayed clay with lime. The ancient grace and harmony of the colony can be deduced only from the resemblance of a few surviving mills ground. The majority either in the historical part of the colony was rebuilt. Granary podstřeší replaced in the living room and the simple beauty of white or colored facades overlaid with modern materials and construction technologies. The dominant structure of the complex left-sided shed is Francis Puck, the owner carefully what keeps most original state. Color tuning front, based on the contrast of white walls and blue podrovnávky Mr. Půček renewed annually. Large mill has a single-beam ceiling grid and přízedními supported by columns. Fully functional and compliant sklepnímu economy malovinaře dusan the floor of clay. Interestingly art processing mill on the front lower left edge of the colony. The combination of yellow ground with white shield adds round window inset granaries decorated iron beams. Modern building on the right side of the area grew up mostly of native earth cellars. About the time of most of them tells the best form of construction and materials used. On the edge of the colony is a picture with the appearance of Saint Gotthard, one of the lesser known wine patrons, whose cult is documented in our country only here and in Lower Kounice.
  • 2/25/2019
    Jubileum oslaví FOR BIKES s osob...

    Tři dny od 29. do 31. března 2019 budou v pražských Letňanech vyhra...

     
    4/13/2018
    Do práce na kole - Do Brna míří ...

    ​Už posedmé připravuje Nadace Partnerství měsíc plný jízdy na kole,...

     
    all news
  • September 2021
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    29
    30
    31
    1
    2
    3
    4
    5
    6
    7
    8
    9
    10
    11
    12
    13
    14
    15
    16
    17
    18
    19
    20
    21
    22
    23
    24
    25
    26
    27
    28
    29
    30
    1
    2
    3
    4
    5
    6
    7
    8
    9
    all events